Online Support Groups for Peer Workers
The Peer Leadership Center has partnered with Support Groups Central to offer video conference-based support groups that are just for Peer Workers. The groups are accessible via computer, tablet or smartphone. The 90-minute meetings will bring together peer workers from all over the U.S. and beyond. The meetings will be scheduled in off hours and on weekends so peer workers can participate from the privacy of their homes. Each meeting will include tips to help the peer worker address both professional and personal wellness challenges they may be dealing with.
In the pilot program recently completed:
- 86% of the participants agreed that the meetings were helpful to them.
- 86% said they liked the meeting process, topics and discussion time.
- Participants shared that the meetings:
- Helped me to remember things I should be doing to take care of myself.
- Made me feel safe to discuss issues that I wouldn’t talk with a coworker about.
- Inspired me to take the time to care for myself better.
The meetings are held on Mondays at 8 PM Eastern/7 PM Central/6 PM Mountain/5 PM Pacific Time via the Peer Leadership Center website Member Portal. These ninety-minute drop-in support and development meetings are limited to 12 peer workers and include personal and work-related material as well as ample time for open discussion. All the sessions are facilitated by experienced Certified Peer Specialists.
- $10 - One 90-minute session
- $44.95 - Five 90-minute sessions ($8.99 each)
- $79.90 - Ten 90-minute sessions ($7.99 each)
- $99.95 - Fifteen 90-minute sessions ($6.66 each) OUR BEST DEAL
When you (or your organization) choose one of the multi-session payment options we will email a coupon code to you that can be used to register for your additional sessions. The code can be shared with others but you will need to keep track of the number of times that it is used as once all sessions have been used, the code will no longer be valid. All un-used codes will expire 12/31/2017.
REGISTER NOW! We hope you will enjoy this new resource to access support!
Not a member? Become a member today!
Join forces with the leading community of peer support! The Peer Leadership Center, created by the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, is dedicated to advancing the field of peer support and the peer provider workforce. Memberships are designed for individuals and organizations.